On this episode of the BSN Rockies Podcast, Drew Creasman breaks down how and why the Colorado Rockies winning a series against the San Francisco Giants is actually frustrating for fans and why this type of feeling is likely to continue.

PlayPlay
Drew Creasman
Author

Drew E. Creasman was born in Grand Junction, Colorado and currently resides in Boulder, CO. He is a full time Rockies beat writer managing editor of BSN Rockies and a member of the Baseball Writer's Association of America.  

  • Hey Drew,

    Love the pod, I check in everyday to get your analysis of every game!

    Little late on this but I was shocked/disappointed to see the Rox hold pat at the deadline and I find it hard to believe there wasn’t significant offers for Wade Davis. The dude has proven to be an elite closer anywhere but coors so how could we not, at the very least, get out from under his massive contract? Seems like we could have dumped him onto a team needing a closer or eaten some of his contract and gotten a decent mid-level prospect. Thoughts?

    As far as the Charlie Blackmon trade rumors I was like you and thought that was certainly not likely to happen. Although, his defense is becoming a serious liability and it seems an AL team looking for a DH would have traded some serious talent to get the beard. I love the guy but at what point do we need to start prioritizing outfield defense again?

    Keep up the great pod 👍🏼

    • Although I’m also with you, that if he (Bridich) makes enough moves to change up the roster this offseason (ie. trading Davis) I can understand the lack of movement at the deadline.

      • Sadly, the value of McGee, Shaw and Davis has decreased so substantially in the past year-and-a-half that other teams wouldn’t bother with any of them without substantial money going their way. In other words, McGee could have been dealt if Colorado paid about 75% of his contract; the returning prospect would not be good. So, without the younger bullpens arms stepping up, it almost makes more sense to keep McGee as he sticks around for that remaining 25% of his deal.

        If Oberg can hold down the 9th inning, then Davis could be dealt and save some money on the 2020 payroll, something many folks believe Oberg can do.

    • Piggybacking on my comments regarding the three bullpen arms, by retaining Blackmon for 2020, damn-near the entire 2019 roster will return without any opportunity for some fresh faces. While I don’t think Blackmon should have traded, I would be curious to know what offers came for him.

  • >
    X